Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Growly Gray Cat, Hums and Haws

Hello everyone!

Thank you to all who voted and joined my blog!  Just before I sat down to type this out, I spent over an hour looking through my stuff trying to decide what was worthy and what wasn't.  I have a hard time making decisions, but I think it will be a good one in the end.  In regards to the pincushion, since it won the most votes, I will try and make it personalized and have the winner decide from two or three designs I could quickly make.  I will give more details next week or earlier when I post the giveaway.  Getting to a 100 followers might take awhile so I'm not going to have all of you wait too much longer.  Just let me gather a couple more bits and bobs and away we go!!

Onto the tales of the Growly Gray cat. So about a week or so ago, when my brother came into the city, there was this Gray FAT cat that tried to "sneak" into our building.  Seriously, could he even try to sneak being that large??? I tried picking him up to take him back out, but he just plopped onto my hand...and boy was he heavy! Like a small child! Anywho, I managed to finally pick him up, without breaking my back, and put him gently outside, giving him a few pats.  About 5 minutes later, as we were getting into the car, Mr. Growly Gray started to pick a fight with a familiar Slim Orange Stripey cat.  The two went at it, much to my horror, so I jumped out and yelled and clapped my hands, telling them both off for not settling their disagreements like adults...but do adults settle amicably? Needless to say, they took their fight elsewhere, out of my reach and into the dark.

Fast forward to two days ago.  I went downstairs to do some laundry and I noticed Growly Gray lurking around the basement.  I said "What are you doing inside again? Do you belong to anyone?" Of course he turned on his charm and rubbed my leg.  Again, I pick him up...was he getting heavier?...and put him outside.  Then another tenant came out and we had a chat about who's cat he could be and why are people letting him into or out of the building. (We had flee problems in the building awhile back from people letting their cats in and out.  Since then, our landlord outlawed outdoor cats). It seems to me that he is someone's cat because this cat just seems far too familiar with the building. 

Alright now the good part. Last night, as my husband put out a spider in the hallway (we couldn't kill it), Growly Gray sauntered, like no one would notice into our apartment.  Seriously this cat thinks he's all stealth-like and sneaky. HA!  He walked around our kitchen smelling everything, and growling, literally like a dog.  I think he could still smell Lucy because along with the growls, he started to hiss randomly!! We were laughing so hard I think I pulled a tummy muscle! His growls were the best thing in the world! So of course my husband looks at me and asks "Can we keep him? It's fate he walked into our apartment! This must be the cat for us!" I had to tell him no.  Reasons why, well, again, we don't know if he belongs to anyone, he's sooooo big and it wouldn't be fair to contain him to an apartment.  I seriously don't know what to do.  I'm thinking of putting up some posters around the neighbourhood and hopefully someone will respond.  If not then I have to call the SPCA and have someone pick him up.  Now I know I want to foster a cat, and it does seem like fate, but I really don't know anything about this Growly Gray guy and it would be too much for him, and for us, to be indoors.  He needs open space to hunt.  He's a mini mountain lion!!  Story to be continued.....

Onto stitching news.  I've gotten really far on my Tea Bath Fairy and finished my Autumn Crow.  I pulled some fabric from Fabricland and am now humming and hawing about how to finish it as a pillow.  It's sort of too big to be ornamental, and too small to be a pillow.  I can't decide what to do!!

I think I'll go ahead and sew it and just deal with it.

Stay tuned for the giveaway details.  I may get organized enough to work it out for the weekend. 

PS: Joyce is hosting the ISHW again!! Go and join in the fun!!!

Cheers

Anne

19 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your Autumn piece -- so pretty! Loved the story about the fat gray cat. I do wonder what the story is behind him? I hope you figure it out. It does sound like he's hoping for a home with you though. :D

Teresa said...

Can't wait to hear more on the tales of the fat cat. I have a sneakly feeling he may be getting a new home.
I think your crow would make a nice little pillow. Love the trim.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Bec said...

Haha! I loved reading about the fat gray cat. I'd love to see a photo of him.
We had a stray cat that used to hang around our house, we couldn't take him in because we already had two. My little tortise shell would growl until the stray left lol.

Your making amazing progress on tea bath fairy! It's really starting to take shape :)

Melissa said...

That's one cute cat, and what a personality! I think if you take him to the SPCA they can check if he has a chip implanted. If he does then they can find out who he belongs to.
Good luck!

I think your crow soon-to-be pincushion. Lovely colours. And your bath fairy - there's a lot of stitching in there!

Mouse said...

they always say a cat chooses his owners you know :) good luck with him and he probably has been eating every one else's dinnners ..lol .. the crow with those colours FAB go ahead and sew it together ... that's my task today get some finishing done :) and good progress on you bath fairy :) love mouse xxxx

Pauline said...

What a great cat-story!!
I am very curious how it all turns out in the end...

Siobhán said...

Awww, poor kitty cat! I hope his owner claims him. He sounds like he might have claimed you, though!

Love the finish and the WIP!

Annie said...

He's really a pretty cat, but you're right that housing a big guy like that in an apt. might not be the best thing.

That little sampler has been on my to-do list for quite some time. Yours came out really cute!

Carol said...

I love that cat!! You know, our dear cat, Shadow, appeared in our yard as a stray many years ago. We put up a sign in the neighborhood, but no one claimed him so he came and lived with us for the next 14 years. He was a giant cat, too--20 pounds. The vet always joked that he could double as a panther in the next wildlife movie :) (He was all black.)

Love your crow finish, Anne. Look forward to seeing your finish :)

Joysze said...

Awwww, oh my goodness, Anne!!! He's a doll!!! He's adorable.... awwwwwwwwww. I'm allergic to cats and I wanna cuddle him. Those eyes are AMAZING!!! I hope you guys decide to keep him..... are you sure it's a him? ROFL!!!

I love your Autumn finish. It's so pretty.... and I love the lace edging you've butted it up against. Is that the fabbie you're thinking of using??? It'd going to be super cute!!! Hmm.... can you add enough material on the sides to make it into a pillow pillow? Or how about that finishing I did with Fern for a wall hanging? Then you can make it as big as you'd like.

Tea Bath Fairy looks great, are you working on her this weekend?

rosey175 said...

Hooray, I'm number 100 for you! I was linked here through Joysze and loved the blog (and cat)! :D I look forward to seeing your projects~

Hopefully you get to keep him; that's quite a gorgeous cat. I'm sure even mini-mountain lions would enjoy the life of laps and free foods (although at his size and friendliness, I have to agree -- he probably has an owner nearby).

Rhona said...

What a cute (and fat!) cat. He's probably got about six homes and gets dinner from each!!!

Veronica said...

Growly Gray is hilarious. Can't wait to read more of his adventures ^.^ Congrats on the cute Autumn Crow finish.

Unknown said...

Your stitching is fab and Tea Bath is coming along beutifully!

cucki said...

hello dear, i am your new friend cucki..i really love your blog..and your autumn stitching is so sweet ..i love it..
kitty is very cute:)
lots of love and hugs for you
cucki xx

Lissanne said...

Autumn crow is so pretty! Love the TeaBath Fairy. Can't wait to see the next update.

Keep the big gray cat, it does sound like you're meant to be together ; )

Sally said...

Love your Autumn Crow finish and you've made good progress on the Tea Bath Fairy.

What a lovely story about the cat! It brought a smile to my face. I hope you find out where he's from.

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I'm anxious to hear about Grey Cat now :o) Hopefully there is a happy ending for all.

Congrats on another finish!

Parsley said...

Can't wait to hear more on the cat.